Summary Of Responses To Public Feedback On Proposed Amendments To Customs Act26 Apr 2018
- The Ministry of Finance (MOF) and Singapore Customs conducted a public consultation on proposed amendments to the Customs Act from 9 May to 5 June 2017.
- The proposed amendments seek to support recent policy changes, provide legal clarity on current policies, and improve Singapore Customs’ operational efficiency.
- 24 responses were received. A summary of MOF and Singapore Customs’ responses to the key feedback received is in Annex A.
- The Customs (Amendment) Bill 2018 will be tabled in Parliament in 2018. It will include all proposed amendments, except amendments to sections 39 and 41. These amendments will be studied further.
- MOF and the Singapore Customs thank all respondents for their feedback.
Annex A (339 KB): Summary Of Responses to Key Feedback on Proposed Amendments to the Customs Act
 Please refer to the earlier press release for further information.