A forward-looking MOF that advances leading ideas, drives synergies across government, and ensures fiscal prudence and sustainability.
The Ministry of Finance (MOF) is a ministry of the Government of Singapore responsible for managing Singapore’s fiscal policies and the structure of its economy. We work to maintain international standards and best practices in areas such as company law, accounting standards, and corporate governance principles.
We aim to advance the well-being and development of Singapore by:
- achieving a balanced budget through prudent and sustainable fiscal policies;
- ensuring the prudent investment of the government's reserves and other public funds;
- setting out policies for government procurement, customs regulation, accounting standards and business regulation;
- fostering a regulatory environment conducive to business and enterprise; and
- ensuring that businesses operating within Singapore's jurisdiction are compatible with international standards and practices, in areas such as company law, accounting standards and corporate governance principles.
Working in partnership
In serving and engaging citizens, businesses, industry experts and stakeholders, we work closely with:
- Accountant-General’s Department
- Singapore Customs
- Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
- Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS)
- Tote Board
To create a better Singapore through Finance, upholding the following main regulatory statutes:
- Accountants Act
- Accounting Standards Act
- Business Registration Act
- Companies Act
- Limited Partnerships Act
- Limited Liability Partnerships Act
We develop rather than control. Our goal is to collaborate with industry experts to make Singapore a world-class financial and business hub.
We actively review our policies and statutes to remain relevant. We do this through close consultation with industry experts and key stakeholders.
We consider all viewpoints when designing regulatory policies. We give priority to Singapore's long-term interests and seek to establish Singapore as an international business and financial centre.
A forward looking MOF that:
- Advances leading ideas
- Drives synergies across government
- Ensures fiscal prudence and sustainability