Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance To Deliver Ministerial Statement In Parliament on 6 April 202005 Apr 2020
On Monday 6 April 2020 at 2.00pm, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Mr Heng Swee Keat will deliver a Ministerial Statement in Parliament on additional support measures for businesses and their workers, households and vulnerable groups, to better cope with the upcoming elevated set of safe distancing measures to pre-empt the trend of increasing local transmission of COVID-19.
2. The full Ministerial Statement will be published on the Singapore Budget website, www.singaporebudget.gov.sg, after delivery. There will be live broadcast coverage of the Ministerial Statement on CNA, CNA938 and MeWATCH.
3. At the same sitting, Parliament will resume debate on the Ministerial Statement delivered by DPM Heng on 26 March 2020. DPM Heng will round up the debate the following day.
Ministry of Finance
5 April 2020
- Opening Remarks by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Heng Swee Keat at the Young NTUC LIT DISCOVery Virtual Symposium, Wednesday, 10 June 2020
- Budget 2020 Care and Support – Cash to be paid from 18 June 2020
- Ascertaining Commercial Property Landlords’ Compliance with Requirement to Pass on Full Amount of Rebates to Tenants under COVID-19 Support Measures
- More than 140,000 employers will receive over $7 billion payouts to cover wages of over 1.9 million local employees
- Second Reading Speech by Second Minister for Finance Lawrence Wong on COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Bill, at The Parliament, 7 April 2020