Second tranche of Grocery Vouchers to be delivered from end-202006 Dec 2020
About 150,000 Singaporeans to receive another $150 in Grocery Vouchers to help with household expenses
1. Announced in the Unity Budget on 18 February 2020, the Grocery Vouchers aim to help less well-off Singaporeans with their household expenses during this period of extraordinary economic uncertainty. Singaporeans aged 21 and above this year who live in 1- and 2-room HDB flats, and do not own more than one property, are eligible for these vouchers.
2. Each eligible recipient gets $300 worth of Grocery Vouchers in 2020 – $150 each in October and end-2020 – and a further $100 in October 2021. They will be allotted the Grocery Vouchers automatically, and will receive their vouchers individually.
3. Mr Heng Swee Keat, Deputy Prime Minister, Coordinating Minister for Economic Policies and Minister for Finance, said, “During this challenging period, we know that household expenses may be weighing on the minds of less well-off families among us. We had earlier disbursed the first tranche of the Grocery Vouchers in October which helped to defray the recipients’ household expenses. I hope that the second round of vouchers will provide additional assistance.”
4. For the end-2020 disbursement, we have arranged with SingPost to deliver the vouchers to the homes of eligible recipients.
5. We will make up to two home deliveries to recipients.
a. The first delivery will be done over four Saturdays, from 12 December 2020 to 2 January 2021, by postal code
b. If there is no one at home to receive the vouchers on the first delivery, we will make a second delivery between the following Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Delivery Dates by Postal Code
Postal code starting with
|Sat 12 Dec 2020||A day between Mon 14 Dec – Fri 18 Dec 2020||01XXXX – 31XXXX||Chinatown, Queenstown, Bukit Merah, Tiong Bahru, Telok Blangah, Pasir Panjang, Clementi, Beach Road, Little India, Ghim Moh, Holland, Toa Payoh|
|Sat 19 Dec 2020||A day between Mon 21 Dec – Thu 24 Dec 2020||32XXXX – 53XXXX||Whampoa, Bendemeer, Macpherson, Geylang, Eunos, Marine Parade, Bedok, Tampines, Pasir Ris, Hougang|
|Sat 26 Dec 2020||A day between Mon 28 Dec – Thu 31 Dec 2020||54XXXX – 69XXXX||Sengkang, Serangoon, Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Upper Bukit Timah, Jurong East, Jurong West, Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, Choa Chu Kang|
|Sat 02 Jan 2021||A day between Mon 4 Jan– Fri 8 Jan 2021||73XXXX – 82XXXX||Woodlands, Sembawang, Yishun, Sengkang West (Fernvale, Jalan Kayu), Punggol|
Note: Please refer to postal code for the addresses covered on each delivery date. The areas are only provided as a guide.
c. If the vouchers are not delivered after both attempts, we will leave a Delivery Notification Card for recipients to collect their Grocery Vouchers at a specified post office within 10 working days.
6. This new delivery method takes into account feedback and learning points from the October disbursement. It tries to better balance safety, security and convenience to recipients. Home deliveries and self-collection at the post offices will be spaced out over a slightly longer period, into January, to reduce potential crowding. We seek the kind understanding and patience of recipients on this matter.
7. The Grocery Vouchers can be used at the following participating supermarkets: FairPrice, Giant, Prime, and Sheng Siong. To support Singaporeans in leading a healthier lifestyle, recipients will enjoy up to 5% discount off all Healthier Choice Symbol products, capped at 5% of the voucher value, when making payment with the Grocery Vouchers at FairPrice, Prime, and Sheng Siong supermarkets. The vouchers are valid till 31 December 2021.
8. To find out more about the Grocery Vouchers scheme, please visit go.gov.sg/csp2020 or call 1800 2222 888.
Ministry of Finance
6 Dec 2020