More than 500,000 children to Benefit from $200 Top-Up to Edusave Account or Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) in May 202112 May 2021
1.. Each Singaporean child aged 7 to 20 in 2021 will receive a one-off top-up of $200 to their Edusave account or Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) in May 2021. The top-up will benefit about 532,500 children.
2. This additional top-up is part of the Household Support Package announced at Budget 2021 to provide families with additional support for their children’s education-related expenses. The top-up to the Edusave account is in addition to the annual Edusave contribution that the Government makes.
3. Funds in the Edusave account and PSEA can be used to pay for approved fees and enrichment programmes.
4. The top-up will be credited directly into recipients’ Edusave account or PSEA by end-May 2021. No action is required from recipients. Eligible recipients will receive letters informing them of the successful top-up in June 2021.
More Information on Edusave account and PSEA
5. More information on Edusave account and PSEA is available at www.moe.gov.sg/financial-matters/edusave-account and www.moe.gov.sg/financial-matters/psea respectively.
6. More information on the Household Support Package announced at Budget 2021 is available at go.gov.sg/hsp2021
7. For clarifications, the public may:
a. Call 6872 2220 (MOE hotline); 6260 0777 (check balance in Edusave account or PSEA); or
b. Submit a query via Virtual Assistant “Ask Jamie” at www.moe.gov.sg; or
c. Use MOE’s online feedback form.
Issued by the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Education
12 May 2021