Minister for Finance Heng Swee Keat to attend the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting, the Spring Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group in Washington D.C., and visit the San Francisco Bay Area10 Apr 2019
1. Minister for Finance, Mr Heng Swee Keat will be in Washington D.C. from 10 -
15 Apr to attend the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting
and the Spring Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank
2. Minister Heng will also deliver a speech on U.S. engagement in Asia at The
Brookings Institution on 15 Apr, before travelling to the San Francisco Bay Area.
3. Minister Heng will be at the Bay Area from 15 – 20 Apr, where he will attend
the Bridge Forum CEO Summit 2019 and The Singapore Tech Forum 2019. Minister
for Foreign Affairs and Minister-in-Charge of the Smart Nation Initiative, Dr Vivian
Balakrishnan, will join Minister Heng at the Forums to engage with the international
and overseas Singaporean tech communities.
4. During their visits, Minister Heng and Minister Balakrishnan are also
scheduled to meet with government officials, companies, academics and thought
5. The Ministers will be accompanied by officials from the relevant government
Issued by Ministry of Finance
10 April 2019