Grocery Vouchers will be disbursed to less well-off Singaporeans10 Oct 2020
About 150,000 Singaporeans to receive Grocery Vouchers to help with household expenses
- Since 1 October 2020, Grocery Vouchers have been mailed out to 150,000 eligible Singapore citizens. Announced in the Unity Budget on 18 February 2020, the Grocery Vouchers aim to help less well-off Singaporeans with their household expenses during
this period of extraordinary economic uncertainty.
- Singaporeans aged 21 and above this year, who live in 1- and 2-room HDB flats, and do not own more than one property, are eligible for these vouchers. Each eligible household member will receive his/her vouchers individually.
- Each recipient will receive $150 worth of Grocery Vouchers in October 2020, and a further $150 in December 2020. Another tranche of $100 worth of Grocery Vouchers will be issued to eligible Singaporeans in October 2021. No application is required.
Eligible recipients will receive the vouchers via registered mail at their NRIC-registered address in October 2020.
- The Grocery Vouchers can be used at participating supermarkets: FairPrice, Giant, Prime Supermarket, and Sheng Siong Supermarket. To support Singaporeans in leading a healthier lifestyle, recipients will enjoy up to 5% discount off all Healthier Choice
Symbol products, capped at 5% of the voucher value, when making payment with the Grocery Vouchers at FairPrice, Prime, and Sheng Siong supermarkets. The vouchers are valid till 31 December 2021.
- To find out more about the Grocery Vouchers scheme, please visit go.gov.sg/csp2020 or call 1800 2222 888.
Ministry of Finance
10 October 2020