About 1.2 Million Singaporean Households to Benefit from $120 Million Household Utilities Credit by Sep 202226 Aug 2022
1. 1.2 million Singaporean households living in both public and private residential properties, will each receive a one-off $100 Household Utilities Credit (HUC) by September 2022. The HUC is part of the $1.5 billion package earlier announced by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Mr Lawrence Wong on 21 June 2022 to help Singaporeans cope with higher inflation.
2. The HUC is given on top of the permanent GST Voucher (GSTV) – U-Save scheme, which benefits about 950,000 HDB households. HDB households will receive double their regular U-Save in Financial Year (FY) 2022 through the regular GSTV scheme and Household Support Package announced at Budget 2022.
3. In all, households living in 4-room HDB flats will receive a total of about five months’ worth of rebates on their utility bills for the whole FY2022, while those in 3-room HDB flats will receive about seven months’ worth of rebates.
4. See Annex A for frequently asked questions on the HUC, and Annex B for details on the GSTV – U-Save rebates for FY2022.
5. For enquiries on the HUC or GSTV – U-Save, the public may contact SP Group (6671-7117 / email@example.com).
Ministry of Finance
26 August 2022