Visit of Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Finance and Chairman of Monetary Authority of Singapore Tharman Shanmugaratnam To China27 May 2013
1. Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Finance and Chairman of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) Tharman Shanmugaratnam will visit Beijing and Shanghai from 28 May to 3 June 2013.
2. In Beijing, DPM Tharman will meet Politburo Standing Committee member and Executive Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli. Together with People's Bank of China Governor Zhou Xiaochuan, he will officiate at the opening of the MAS Representative Office in Beijing on 28 May 2013. He will also meet Minister of Finance Lou Jiwei, China Securities Regulatory Commission Chairman Xiao Gang and other senior Chinese officials.
3. DPM Tharman will attend the Opening of the 2nd China International Fair for Trade in Services (CIFTIS) in Beijing on 29 May 2013. In his capacity as Chairman of the Ministry of Education’s International Academic Advisory Panel (IAAP), DPM Tharman will meet President of Peking University Dr Wang Enge.
4. In Shanghai, DPM Tharman will visit the China Executive Leadership Academy in Pudong (CELAP), one of five national-level leadership institutes in China. He will also participate in two international meetings: the Group of Thirty (also known as the Consultative Group on International Economic and Monetary Affairs) plenary, and the International Monetary Conference, a conference for senior financial sector leaders. In addition, he will officiate at the opening of Ascendas REIT’s first business park in Shanghai, A-REIT City@Jinqiao, on 1 June.
5. DPM Tharman will be accompanied by Minister of State for Trade and Industry Teo Ser Luck (Beijing leg) and officials from the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Trade and Industry (Beijing leg), Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the MAS (Beijing leg).