Singapore Totalisator Board (Tote Board) - Changes of Board Members and Re-Appointment of Chief Executive29 Dec 2010
The Minister for Finance has appointed two new members and re-appointed six members to the board of the Singapore Totalisator Board (Tote Board). Mr Tan Soo Nan has also been re-appointed as the Chief Executive of the Tote Board. The appointments are effective from 1 January 2011.
2. The new board members are:
- Mr Michael Palmer
Partner, Harry Elias Partnership LLP
- Major-General Chan Chun Sing
Chief of Army, Ministry of Defence
3. A brief write-up of the new members is attached at Annex A (126 KB). The re-appointed members are:
- Mr Cheah Kim Teck
Chief Executive Officer - Group Motor Operations, Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd
- Ms Chew Gek Khim
Deputy Chairman, Tan Chin Tuan Foundation
- Dr Mary Ann Tsao
President, Tsao Foundation, Singapore
- Mr Niam Chiang Meng
Permanent Secretary (Community Development, Youth & Sports), Ministry of Community Development, Youth & Sports
- Ms Yong Ying-I
Permanent Secretary (Health), Ministry of Health
- Mr Ng Wai Choong
Deputy Secretary (Policy), Ministry of Finance
4. BG (NS) Ravinder Singh and Mr Sin Boon Ann have retired from the Board of Tote Board after serving for four years.
5. The Ministry of Finance and Tote Board welcome the new Board members and also express their appreciation to the outgoing members for their valuable contributions.
6. The Board comprises 11 members and the current list of members is at Annex B (126 KB).