Progress Package: 1.4 million Already Signed Up05 Apr 2006
More than 60% of Singaporeans eligible for the Progress Package have signed up, just four days after sign-up started on 1 April 2006.
2. As at 4 April 2006, 1.4 million Singaporeans of the 2.3 million who qualify, have signed up to receive the Progress Package on 1 May 2006. Of those who signed up, 40% did so via the ATMs, 54% via the internet and 6% via hard copy forms.
Easy Sign-Up Via ATMs and Internet
3. The easiest way for Singaporeans to sign up for the Progress Package is through the Progress Package website at www.progress.gov.sg or any DBS/POSB/UOB/OCBC ATM. They need to do so by 25 April 2006 for the money to be credited on 1 May 2006. Those who wish to donate their Progress Package to a charity of their choice can do so via the Progress Package website, which has a direct link to the National Council of Social Services' Online Donation Portal. Between 1 and 4 April 2006, over 1,800 Singaporeans donated part or all of their Progress Package to charity.
Sign Up Via Hard Copy Forms By 15 April
4. Those who do not have a bank account can request for a cheque by filling up a form PP/1 available at any post office, Community Centre/Community Development Council or CPF Service Centre. They must send the form to the CPF Board by 15 April 2006 to get their cheque by 1 May 2006.
5. The Ministry of Finance is helping lower-income and older Singaporeans sign up for the Progress Package. The Ministry acknowledges the help of grassroots leaders and voluntary welfare organisations in reaching out to them. From 1 April till 15 April 2006, Progress Package Help Desks have also been set up at 109 Community Centres/Clubs and Community Development Councils, and CPF Board Service Centres to help them understand the Package and fill up the forms. Between 1 and 4 April 2006, 80,000 Singaporeans sought help from these Help Desks.
6. The Ministry would like to encourage Singaporeans who need help to visit the Community Centres/Clubs, Community Development Councils or CPF Board Service Centres early to avoid a last minute rush.
7. For more information on the Progress Package, the public can visit the Progress Package website at www.progress.gov.sg or call the CPF Board at 1800-2222-888.
Ministry of Finance