Over 1.5 Million Singaporeans Have Signed Up So Far For The GST Credits And Senior Citizens' Bonus - Last Day For Sign-Up At CC Helpdesks Is 27 May 2007; Other Channels Remain Open25 May 2007
About 65% of Singaporeans eligible for the GST Credits have signed up, just nine days after sign-up started on 15 May 2007.
2. As of 23 May 2007, over 1.5 million of the 2.3 million adult Singaporeans who qualify for GST Credits have signed up to receive their GST Credits on 1 July 2007. This includes about 425,000 of the 671,000 Singaporeans aged 55 and above who will also receive their Senior Citizens' Bonus on 1 July 2007. Of those who signed up, about 50% did so via the internet, 45% via the ATMs, and 5% using hard copy forms.
Easy Sign-Up Via Internet and ATMs
3. Singaporeans are encouraged to sign up for the GST Credits and Senior Citizens' Bonus through the GST Offset Package website at www.gstoffset.gov.sg or any DBS/POSB/UOB/OCBC ATM. They need to do so by 25 Jun 2007 to receive their payment on 1 Jul 2007.
Singaporeans can also donate their GST Credits and Senior Citizens' Bonus to a charity of their choice via the GST Offset Package website, which is linked to the National Council of Social Services' Online Donation Portal. Over 2,400 Singaporeans have done so.
Sign-Up Via Hard Copy Forms By 15 June 2007
4. Singaporeans can also sign up for their GST Credits and Senior Citizens' Bonus by filling up a form GST/1 available at any SingPost office, Community Centre/Club, Community Development Council or CPF Service Centre. They must send the form to the CPF Board by 15 June 2007 so as to get their payment on 1 July 2007.
Last Day For Sign-Up At CC Helpdesks Is 27 May 2007
5. Singaporeans can also get help to sign up at GST Offset Package Help Desks at 102 Community Centres/Clubs (CCs) and CPF Board Service Centres. Over 75,000 Singaporeans have done so. As announced earlier, these Help Desks will cease to operate after 27 May 2007. Thereafter, Singaporeans can approach officers at any of the 27 CitizenConnect Centres at Community Centres/Clubs and government offices to get help to sign up through the internet. A list of CitizenConnect Centres is attached at Annex A.
6. The Ministry of Finance would like to encourage Singaporeans who need help to visit the Help Desks early to avoid a last minute rush.
7. For more information on the GST Offset Package, the public can visit www.gstoffset.gov.sg or call the CPF Board at 1800-2222-888.
 Help Desks are set up at all CCs, except for Bishan and Chua Chu Kang CCs, which are under renovation. Operating hours of Help Desks are from 12pm - 9pm, except for void deck CCs which operate from 2pm - 9pm.
MINISTRY OF FINANCE