Deputy Prime Minister and Minister For Finance Tharman Shanmugaratnam In Turkey And Europe For Official Meetings28 May 2012
1. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Tharman Shanmugaratnam, will be visiting Turkey and Europe from 29 May to 4 June 2012.
2. DPM Tharman will be visiting Ankara and Istanbul from 29 to 30 May. In Ankara, he will have meetings with government leaders. In Istanbul, he will open the Turkey-Singapore Business Forum and officiate at the opening of International Enterprise (IE) Singapore’s Overseas Centre in Istanbul, together with Turkish DPM Ali Babacan. DPM will be accompanied in Turkey by Minister of State for Trade and Industry and National Development Lee Yi Shyan, and officials from the Ministries of Finance, Trade and Industry and Foreign Affairs, and IE Singapore.
3. DPM Tharman will also visit Madrid and London. In Madrid, he will have meetings with government leaders, and will speak at the Leadership Forum of the IE Business School, a leading European business school.
4. In London, DPM Tharman will have meetings with financial sector and business leaders, and will participate in the plenary meeting of the Group of Thirty (also known as the Consultative Group on International Economic and Monetary Affairs). The G30 discussions will focus on the challenges facing the Eurozone and the international economy.
5. DPM Tharman will be accompanied in London and Madrid by officials from the Ministry of Finance.
Ministry of Finance
28 May 2012