Changes To Board Of Inland Revenue Authority Of Singapore (IRAS)30 Aug 2010
The Minister for Finance has re-appointed Mr Peter Ong as Chairman of the Board of the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) and also re-appointed four members of the Board. Three new board members have been appointed. These appointments will take effect from 1 September 2010.
2. The new board members are:
- Mr Pok Soy Yoong
Former Head of Tax, Ernst & Young
- Mr Lee Kwok Cheong
CEO, Singapore Institute of Management Pte Ltd
- Mr Pek Hak Bin
Country President, BP Singapore Pte Ltd
3. A brief write-up of the new members is attached at Annex A (109 KB). The re-appointed members are:
- Mr Lim Joo Boon
Advisor, Phillip Private Equity Pte Ltd & OWW Capital Partners
- Mr Giam Chin Toon
Senior Partner, Wee Swee Teow & Co.
- Dr Tan Kim Siew
Permanent Secretary (Defence Development)
Ministry of Defence
- Mr Viswanathan Shankar
CEO, Middle East, Africa, the Americas & Europe, Standard Chartered Bank
4. Three members have retired from the IRAS Board after serving for six years:
- Mr Noel Hon Chia Chun
Non-Executive Chairman, e-Cop Pte Ltd
- Mr Law Song Keng
Former Managing Director & CEO, Overseas Assurance Corporation Ltd
- Mr Lim Hua Min
Executive Chairman, Phillip Securities Pte Ltd
5. The Ministry of Finance and Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore welcome the new Board members and also express their appreciation to the outgoing members for their valuable contributions.
6. The Board comprises 9 members and the current list of members is at Annex B (50 KB).
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
30 August 2010