Appointments To The Board of Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore19 Aug 2013
1. The Minister for Finance has re-appointed Mr Peter Ong Boon Kwee, Permanent Secretary (Finance), as Chairman of the Board of Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (“IRAS Board”).
2. The Minister for Finance has also re-appointed four board members and appointed three new board members to the IRAS Board. These appointments will take effect from 1 September 2013 to 31 August 2016.
3. The four re-appointed board members are :
• Adjunct Professor Lee Kwok Cheong
Chief Executive Officer
Singapore Institute of Management Pte Ltd
• Mr Pek Hak Bin
Partner, Head of Energy & Natural Resources
• Mr Pok Soy Yoong
Former Head of Tax, Ernst & Young
• Mr Niam Chiang Meng
Permanent Secretary (National Population and Talent Division) /
Permanent Secretary (National Climate Change)
4. The three new board members are :
• Mrs Chng Sok Hui
Chief Financial Officer
• Dr Philip Pillai
• Mr Tan Beng Hai Bob
Jurong Engineering Ltd
A brief write-up of the new members is attached at Annex A (180 KB).
5. The Ministry of Finance and the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore welcome the new board members and would like to express our appreciation to the retiring members – Mr Giam Chin Toon, Mr Lim Joo Boon and Mr Viswanathan Shankar for their invaluable contributions to the Board.
6. The IRAS Board comprises nine members, including the Commissioner of Inland Revenue, Dr Tan Kim Siew. The list of board members of the IRAS Board with effect from 1 September 2013 is attached at Annex B (84 KB).
Issued by Ministry of Finance
19 August 2013