Appointments To The Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) Board27 Mar 2014
1. The Minister for Finance has re-appointed Ms Lim Soo Hoon, Permanent Secretary (Finance)(Performance), as Chairman of the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority Board (“ACRA Board”).
2. The Minister for Finance has also re-appointed five board members and appointed five new board members to the ACRA Board. These appointments will take effect from 1 April 2014.
3. The five re-appointed board members are :
• Mr Sajjad Akhtar
Managing Partner/Head of Financial Advisory Services
• Prof Ho Yew Kee
Vice-Dean of Finance and Administration
NUS School of Business
• Mr Alan Rupert Nisbet
• Mr Yap Chee Keong
The Straits Trading Company Limited
• Mr Yeoh Oon Jin
4. The five new board members are :
• Mr Adrian Chan
Head of Corporate Department and Senior Partner
Lee & Lee
• Ms Cindy Goh
Meiban Group Pte Ltd.
• Mr Max Loh
Managing Partner, ASEAN & Singapore
Ernst & Young
• Ms Chandra Mallika
Group Chief Operating Officer, Asia Pacific
Deutsche Bank AG, Singapore Branch
• Ms Melissa Khoo Ming
Institute Director, Institute of Public Sector Leadership
Civil Service College
A brief write-up of the new members is attached at Annex A (217 KB).
5. The Ministry of Finance and the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority Board welcome the new board members and would like to express our appreciation to the retiring members –Mr Lawrence Kwan, Mr Lee Kim Shin, Mr Philip Ong and Mr Ong Yew Huat, for their invaluable contributions to the Board.
6. The ACRA Board comprises sixteen members, including Chairman, Ms Lim Soo Hoon. The list of board members of the ACRA Board with effect from 1 April 2014 is attached at Annex B (133 KB).
Issued by Ministry of Finance
27 March 2014