Appointment of New Board Members - Singapore Totalisator Board (Tote Board)25 May 2016
1. The Minister for Finance has appointed three new members to the Singapore Totalisator Board (“Tote Board”).
2. The new appointment of Mr Chew Hock Yong, Permanent Secretary (Social and Family Development) took effect from 1 May 2016. The other two new appointments will take effect from 1 June 2016 and they are:
- Ms Anita Fam
- Mrs Fang Ai Lian, Advisor, Far East Organisation
3. A brief write-up of the new board members is attached at Annex A (144 KB).
4. The Ministry of Finance and Tote Board welcome the new Board members and would like to express their appreciation to Mr Kon Yin Tong and Mr Patrick Lee Kwok Kie, who will retire from the Board after each serving six years.
5. Mr Kon is passionate about the causes of the less privileged and the vulnerable groups. During his term, he provided valuable advice on how Tote Board could better optimise its funds to uplift and benefit the lives of these groups. Mr Kon is also the Chairman of Tote Board Audit Committee, and contributed significantly in that capacity to the strengthening of the corporate governance framework and internal controls system. He led and championed major initiatives to enhance the management of risks and controls in key business processes in Tote Board, Singapore Pools, and Singapore Turf Club.
6. Mr Lee has contributed his experience and insights on the development of the arts and social service sectors as useful references for Tote Board to formulate its grant-making approach and programmes. Mr Lee also provided guidance in reviewing the grant requests in a strategic and balanced perspective and in ensuring that the Tote Board’s funds are utilised optimally.
7. The Board of Tote Board comprises eleven members, including the Chairman. The list of board members of Tote Board with effect from 1 June 2016 is attached at Annex B (85 KB).