Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) - Changes to Board Members and Re-appointment of Chief Executive20 Mar 2015
1. The Minister for Finance has re-appointed three board members and appointed two new board members to the ACRA Board. Mr Kenneth Yap Yew Choh has also been re-appointed as the Chief Executive of ACRA.
2. The three re-appointed board members whose terms will take effect from 1 April 2015 are:
- Mr Kenneth Yap Yew Choh
Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority
- Prof Tan Cheng Han
Professor of Law
Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore
- Mr Ho Meng Kit
Chief Executive Officer
Singapore Business Federation
3. The two new board members are:
- Mr Ow Fook Chuen
Accountant-General - Designate
- Mr Lee Boon Ngiap
Assistant Managing Director (Capital Markets)
Monetary Authority of Singapore
4. The appointment terms for Mr Ow Fook Chuen and Mr Lee Boon Ngiap will take effect from 23 March 2015 and 1 April 2015 respectively.
5. A brief write-up of the new members is attached at Annex A (135 KB).
6. The Ministry of Finance and the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority Board welcome the new board members and would like to express our appreciation to the retiring members, Ms Chua Geok Wah and Mr Lee Chuan Teck, for their invaluable contributions to the Board.
7. The ACRA Board comprises sixteen members, including Chairman, Ms Lim Soo Hoon. The list of board members of the ACRA Board with effect from 1 April 2015 is attached at Annex B (56 KB).
Issued by Ministry of Finance
20 March 2015