950,000 HDB Households to receive GST Voucher – U-Save rebates in January 202201 Jan 2022
About 950,000 Singaporean households living in HDB flats will receive their quarterly GST Voucher (GSTV) – U-Save rebates this month. Earlier, they would have received a Special Payment amounting to an additional 50% of their regular GSTV – U-Save this Financial Year (FY2021), credited in April and July 2021.
2. The regular U-Save and U-Save Special Payment amounts to $460 million in total U-Save rebates this FY. The U-Save Special Payment is part of the $900 million Household Support Package announced at Budget 2021, to provide additional support to families during this period of uncertainty. Lower- to middle-income families received more support.
3. Together with the GSTV – U-Save Special Payment and the January payout, the average household living in 1- and 2-room HDB flats would have received rebates equivalent to about 4.5 to 6 months of their utility bills this FY.
4. The average household living in 3- and 4-room HDB flats would have received rebates equivalent to about 1.5 to 3 months of their utility bills in FY2021.
5. The GSTV – U-Save rebates that households received in this FY are summarised in the table below.
1. Households whose members own more than one property are not eligible for GSTV – U-Save.
2. Eligible households will receive their regular GSTV – U-Save over four quarters in April 2021, July 2021, October 2021 and January 2022.
3. On top of the regular GSTV – U-Save, eligible households would have received their GSTV – U-Save Special Payment over two quarters in April 2021 and July 2021.
4. The regular GSTV – U-Save in April, July and October 2021 included an additional $5 per quarter from January 2019 to December 2021, as announced in Budget 2018 to mitigate the introduction of carbon tax. From January 2022, the regular GSTV – U-Save that households will receive will no longer include the additional $5.
6. Please refer to Annex A for further details on the Household Support Package. Illustrations of how Singaporean households benefit in FY2021 are in Annex B.
7. More information on the GSTV scheme, including Frequently Asked Questions are at https://www.gstvoucher.gov.sg/Pages/faqs.aspx. For queries on the GSTV – U-Save, Singaporeans may contact SP Group (6671-7117 / email@example.com).
 More details on the Household Support Package and illustrations of how two families benefit from this Package can be found at Annexes A and B respectively.