950,000 HDB Households to receive GST Voucher – U-Save rebates in January 202201 Jan 2022
About 950,000 Singaporean households living in HDB flats will receive their quarterly GST Voucher (GSTV) – U-Save rebates this month. Earlier, they would have received a Special Payment amounting to an additional 50% of their regular GSTV – U-Save this Financial Year (FY2021), credited in April and July 2021.
2. The regular U-Save and U-Save Special Payment amounts to $460 million in total U-Save rebates this FY. The U-Save Special Payment is part of the $900 million Household Support Package announced at Budget 2021, to provide additional support to families during this period of uncertainty. Lower- to middle-income families received more support.
3. Together with the GSTV – U-Save Special Payment and the January payout, the average household living in 1- and 2-room HDB flats would have received rebates equivalent to about 4.5 to 6 months of their utility bills this FY.
4. The average household living in 3- and 4-room HDB flats would have received rebates equivalent to about 1.5 to 3 months of their utility bills in FY2021.
5. The GSTV – U-Save rebates that households received in this FY are summarised in the table below.
1. Households whose members own more than one property are not eligible for GSTV – U-Save.
2. Eligible households will receive their regular GSTV – U-Save over four quarters in April 2021, July 2021, October 2021 and January 2022.
3. On top of the regular GSTV – U-Save, eligible households would have received their GSTV – U-Save Special Payment over two quarters in April 2021 and July 2021.
4. The regular GSTV – U-Save in April, July and October 2021 included an additional $5 per quarter from January 2019 to December 2021, as announced in Budget 2018 to mitigate the introduction of carbon tax. From January 2022, the regular GSTV – U-Save that households will receive will no longer include the additional $5.
7. More information on the GSTV scheme, including Frequently Asked Questions are at https://www.gstvoucher.gov.sg/Pages/faqs.aspx. For queries on the GSTV – U-Save, Singaporeans may contact SP Group (6671-7117 / email@example.com).
 More details on the Household Support Package and illustrations of how two families benefit from this Package can be found at Annexes A and B respectively.