800,000 HDB Households To Receive $40 Million Of U-Save Rebates In January 201230 Dec 2011
1. About 800,000 Singaporean HDB households can expect to receive $40m worth of Utilities-Save (U-Save) rebates in January 2012.
2. A Singaporean household may receive up to $90 in U-Save rebates in January 2012, depending on HDB flat type (the payment schedule of U-Save rebates for 2011 and 2012 can be found in Annex A):
HDB flat type
3. The U-Save rebates in January are the final tranche of the 5 years of rebates that were granted as part of the GST Offset Package beginning in 2007.
4. Over the past 5 years, HDB households have received more than $800m worth of utilities rebates, inclusive of the additional rebates given under the 'Grow & Share' Package this year. On average, taking into account the U-Save rebates, families living in 4-room and smaller flats have not seen any increase in annual payments for utilities bills since 2007. Other HDB households have also enjoyed significant offsets.
About U-Save rebates
5. The U-Save rebates aim to help households cope with rising costs, including increases in utilities bills due to higher electricity tariffs. The rebates are used to offset utilities charges directly. Unused U-Save rebates each month are rolled over to the following months.
Whom the public can contact for more information
For more information on U-Save rebates, the public can call SP Services at 1800-2222-333, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annex A Schedule of Utilities-Save (U-Save) Rebates in 2011 & 2012
HDB flat type
^ Announced under the 2007 GST Offset Package
* Additional U-Save rebates as announced under the 2011 'Grow & Share' Package