$700 million of SG Bonus for 2.8 million Singaporeans28 Sep 2018
1. A total of 2.8 million Singaporeans will receive letters from 2 October 2018 onwards, informing them of their SG Bonus benefit. The SG Bonus will be paid out to citizens by December 2018. Citizens may use their SingPass to view their SG Bonus benefit online at the SG Bonus website www.singaporebudget.gov.sg/sgbonus, which will be accessible from 2 October 2018 onwards. Those who have registered their mobile numbers with SingPass will also receive SMS notifications.
2. As announced at Budget 2018, the Government will be giving a one-off SG Bonus to all adult Singaporeans this year. This reflects the Government’s long-standing commitment to share the fruits of the country’s development with Singaporeans. Eligible citizens will receive up to $300 , depending on their Assessable Income (AI) for the Year of Assessment (YA) 2017.
Assessable Income (AI) for Year of Assessment (YA) 2017*
Up to $28,000
$28,001 to $100,000
*Note: Those who own more than one property will receive $100.
3. Most citizens will automatically receive their SG Bonus if they had signed up for any other government payout scheme in the past (e.g. Growth Dividends, GST Voucher). For the small number of citizens who have not signed up, their letter will inform them to do so. They will have until 31 March 2019 to sign up online, or through a hardcopy form (available at Community Clubs and CPFB Service Centres).
PayNow as an additional mode of payment for the SG Bonus
4. PayNow provides added convenience and privacy for citizens to receive money into their bank account via NRIC/FIN and/or mobile number, without having to disclose their bank account details to the sender. We will be using PayNow as the payment mode for citizens who have registered their NRIC on PayNow as at 7 November 2018.
5. Citizens are encouraged to register their NRIC on PayNow by 7 November 2018 to receive their SG Bonus earlier (see payment dates in Table 1). Citizens may do so via their bank’s existing mobile banking application or Internet banking platform. More information about PayNow can be found at Annex A (279 KB). For further assistance, citizens may contact their banks (contact details at Annex B (182 KB)).
Table 1: Payment Dates
Expected Date you will receive SG Bonus by
(registered to NRIC)
30 November 2018
Register your NRIC to your bank account via your bank’s Internet or mobile banking app by 7 November.
Direct Bank Crediting
10 December 2018
Check your bank account details on the hardcopy letter which will be sent to you.
If necessary, update your bank account details via the SG Bonus website by 7 November.
20 December 2018
Check your payment mode on the hardcopy letter, which will be sent to you.
You are encouraged to (i) register your NRIC on PayNow or (ii) update your bank account details at the SG Bonus website by 7 November.
6. Citizens who choose not to register their NRIC on PayNow will continue to receive their SG Bonus via existing payment modes of direct bank crediting or cheques. Citizens may log in to the SG Bonus website with their SingPass to check or update existing bank details. The bank account provided will also be used for other government payouts, such as GST Voucher – Cash, Workfare Income Supplement and Silver Support payouts.
7. Based on feedback gathered, we understand that some may wish to donate their SG Bonus to those who might need it more. Citizens may do so via the SG Bonus website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg/sgbonus) or the “SG Cares” mobile application.
8. Details on the SG Bonus can be found at ww.singaporebudget.gov.sg/sgbonus and information on other benefits announced at Budget 2018 can be found at www.singaporebudget.gov.sg. If you require more information, please contact us at 1800-2222-888 or email: email@example.com.
Issued by the Ministry of Finance
28 September 2018
 Aged 21 and above as of 31 December 2018.
 Citizens with outstanding tax arrears would have received a tax notification letter from Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) with more details.
 YA2017 refers to income earned in Calendar Year 2016 (i.e. 1 Jan 2016 to 31 Dec 2016).
 Those who sign up by 7 November 2018 will receive their SG Bonus by December 2018.