$280 million in GST Voucher – Cash Special Payment in Nov 201601 Nov 2016
Reminder letters sent to citizens who have not signed up yet
Eligible GST Voucher recipients who have previously signed up
1. Eligible GST Voucher – Cash recipients who have previously signed up for the GST Voucher or past Government payout schemes, and have received up to $300 in August 2016, will be receiving another payout of up to $200 under the one-off GST Voucher – Cash Special Payment by 5 November 2016. No action is required from them.
Eligible GST Voucher – Cash/Medisave recipients yet to sign up
2. Singapore citizens who are eligible for the GST Voucher – Cash/Medisave but have yet to sign up are reminded to do so by 31 December 2016. They would have already received a letter in June 2016 informing them of their benefits. The Ministry of Finance will send a second reminder letter in early November 2016 to those who have yet to sign up.
3. The eligibility criteria and payout tables can be found in Annexes A and B (259 KB) respectively.
4. Eligible Singaporeans may sign up:
a) At the GST Voucher website (www.gstvoucher.gov.sg) with their SingPass, or seek assistance at any CitizenConnect centre (see Annex C (98 KB) for list); or
b) By completing the GST Voucher sign-up form that is enclosed in the reminder letters. The sign-up form is also available at any Community Centre, Social Service Office (SSO) or CPF Service Centre. The forms should be sent to Robinson Road Post Office, P.O. Box 2609, Singapore 904609, before 31 December 2016.
GST Vouchers and Medisave Top-Ups for eligible citizens in 2016
5. In 2016, eligible citizens can receive a total of $890 million in GST Vouchers and Medisave Top-Ups. This includes $280 million in November 2016 from the one-off GST Voucher – Cash
6. More information can be found at www.gstvoucher.gov.sg. Singaporeans can also call 1800-2222-888 for details on the GST Voucher – Cash/Medisave, 5-Year Medisave Top-Up, Pioneer Generation Package, or 6671-7117 for information on the GST Voucher – U-Save.
Issued by: Ministry of Finance
1 November 2016