Singapore’s FY2022 Budget Statement will be delivered by the Minister for Finance, Mr Lawrence Wong, on Friday 18 February 2022 at 3.30 pm in Parliament.
2. The Budget Statement will be broadcast 'live' on Channel 5, CNA, CNA938, Capital 958, CNA website (www.channelnewsasia.com), CNA Youtube, CNA FB, 8 World News (www.8world.com), 8 World News Youtube, 8 World News FB and on MediaCorp’s meWATCH (www.mewatch.sg). Singapore Association for the Deaf (SADeaf) will also provide simultaneous sign language interpretation of the Budget Statement on Channel 5.
3. There will be updates of key announcements from the Budget Statement on MOF’s social media platforms .
4. The public may visit the MOF website (www.mof.gov.sg/email-subscription) and subscribe to receive the full Budget Statement via email after it has been delivered. This service will be available for sign-up until 2 pm on Friday, 18 February 2022. The Budget statement will also be available on www.singaporebudget.gov.sg after the statement has been delivered.
Feedback on FY2022 Budget Statement
5. MOF and various agencies including REACH, PA, have been engaging the public in the run-up to Budget 2022 since December last year. Member of the public can continue to submit their views on Budget 2022 through various feedback channels. These channels include:
|Feedback Channel ||Website Address |
|Singapore Budget Website ||www.singaporebudget.gov.sg |
|REACH Budget Website ||www.reach.gov.sg/budget2022 |
|REACH Singapore Facebook ||www.facebook.com/REACHSingapore |
|REACH Singapore Instagram ||www.instagram/reachsg |
6. REACH will hold two virtual Budget Conversations, in English and Mandarin, on 24 and 26 February 2022 respectively. The English session will be chaired by Ms Indranee Rajah, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Finance, and National Development; while the Mandarin session will be chaired by Mrs Josephine Teo, Minister for Communications and Information and Second Minister for Home Affairs. They will be joined by REACH Chairman, Mr Tan Kiat How, Minister of State in the Ministry of Communications and Information, and National Development, for both sessions.
7. In addition, REACH will have physical Listening Points set up at various high traffic nodes across Singapore to gather views on Budget 2022. Details of the REACH Listening Points can be found on the REACH Budget 2022 microsite. The public can also join REACH’s WhatsApp chat groups and share their feedback about Budget 2022.
8. The People’s Association (PA) and its grassroots organisations will be organising post-Budget dialogues and chit-chat sessions to engage residents on Budget 2022 measures. Residents who are interested to attend can register their interest at go.gov.sg/postbudget2022. The sign-ups will be available until 2.00pm on Monday, 28 February 2022.
9. In view of the evolving COVID-19 situation, post-Budget outreach and engagement plans may be adjusted to ensure public health. Updates will be posted by MOF, REACH and PA on their websites or social media channels.
The social media platforms include facebook.com/MOFsg, instagram.com/mof_sg and twitter.com/MOFsg. The public can also receive updates on Budget 2022 via MOF’s telegram channel at https://t.me/MOFSpore.
Ministry of Finance, REACH and People’s Association
7 February 2022