2020 Budget Statement to be delivered on Tuesday, 18 February 2020, at 3.00pm10 Feb 2020
Singapore’s FY2020 Budget Statement will be delivered by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Mr Heng Swee Keat, on Tuesday, 18 February 2020 at 3.00pm in Parliament.
2. A ‘live’ webcast of the Budget Speech will be available on the Singapore Budget website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg). The Ministry of Finance (MOF) is also partnering the Singapore Association for the Deaf (SADeaf) to provide simultaneous sign language interpretation of the Budget Speech on the Singapore Budget website.
3. There will be real-time updates of key announcements from the Budget Speech on the MOF Facebook page (www.facebook.com/MOFsg) and on the MOF Twitter account (www.twitter.com/MOFsg).
4. The Budget Speech will be broadcast 'live' on CNA and CNA938, on the CNA website (www.channelnewsasia.com) and on MediaCorp’s meWATCH interactive service (www.mewatch.sg).
5. The public may visit the Singapore Budget website and subscribe to receive the full Budget Statement via email after it has been delivered. This service will be available for sign-ups until 2.00pm on Friday, 14 February 2020. Budget updates are also available via MOF’s WhatsApp and Telegram channels. Sign-up details can be obtained from Singapore Budget website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg/budget_2020/subscription)
Feedback on FY2020 Budget Statement
6. Following the delivery of the FY2020 Budget Statement on 18 February 2020, the public can submit their views on the Budget through various feedback channels. These channels include:
Singapore Budget Website
REACH Budget Microsite
REACH Singapore Facebook
REACH Singapore Instagram
REACH Singapore Feedback Form
7. In addition, REACH will hold Listening Points across Singapore to gather views on the Budget. All the Listening Points are easily accessible, and comprise open booths for Singaporeans to give their feedback in person. The date, time and venue of the Listening Points can also be found in Annex A (270 KB).
8. The People’s Association (PA) and its grassroots organisations will be organising post-Budget dialogues and chit-chat sessions to engage residents on Budget 2020 measures. Residents who are interested to attend the community post-Budget dialogues or chit-chat sessions can register their interest with the PA Contact Centre at 6344 8222, or register at www.go.gov.sg/postbudget.
9. In view of the evolving novel coronavirus situation, post-Budget outreach and engagement plans may be adjusted to ensure public health. Updates will be posted by MOF, REACH and PA on their websites or social media channels.
Ministry of Finance, REACH and People’s Association
10 February 2020