2015 Budget Statement to be delivered at 3.30pm on Monday, 23 February 201516 Feb 2015
1. Singapore’s FY2015 Budget Statement will be delivered by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam, on Monday, 23 February 2015 at 3.30pm in Parliament.
2. The Budget Speech will be broadcast 'live' over Channel NewsAsia, with Mandarin interpretation on dual sound mode, and over the radio on 938Live. A ‘live’ webcast of the Speech will also be available on the Singapore Budget Website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg), on the Channel NewsAsia website ( www.channelnewsasia.com), on MediaCorp’s Toggle interactive service (www.toggle.sg), and on the Singapore Budget mobile application, available for download on both the Apple and Android platforms.
‘Live’ Sign Language Interpretation during Budget Speech Delivery
3. For the first time, MOF has engaged the Singapore Association for the Deaf (SADeaf) to provide simultaneous sign language interpretation of the Budget speech. Those who wish to tune in to the sign language interpretation may select the relevant option on the Budget website or mobile application.
4. There will also be continuing real-time updates of key announcements from the Budget Speech on the MOF Facebook page (www.facebook.com/MOFsg) and the MOF Twitter account (www.twitter.com/MOFsg). To view all Budget-related tweets and postings, the public may use the hashtag #SGBudget2015.
5. To receive the full Budget Statement via email after it has been delivered, the public may visit the Singapore Budget website and subscribe to the Budget Statement mailing list. This free service will be available from now until the end of Saturday, 21 February 2015.
Feedback on the Budget
6. Following the delivery of the FY2015 Budget Statement on 23 February 2015, the public can submit their views on the announced Budget initiatives through any of the feedback channels below:
Singapore Budget website
REACH Budget microsite
REACH Singapore Facebook
REACH Singapore Twitter
Use the hashtag #SGBudget2015
REACH Email Address
REACH Toll-Free Hotline
1800-353-5555 (Mon to Fri, 8:30am – 5:45pm)
REACH, 140 Hill Street, #01-01A, Old Hill Street Police Station, Singapore 179369
7. REACH will organise a post-Budget public forum on Thursday evening, 26 February 2015, a ‘live’ Facebook chat on the REACH Facebook page on Tuesday evening, 3 March 2015, and a post-Budget PMET Dialogue on Thursday evening, 5 March 2015. Members of the public can also share their feedback on the Budget by visiting the REACH Listening Point at Tampines Central Blk 513 on Saturday, 28 February 2015 and at Toa Payoh Hub Mall on Monday, 2 March 2015. For more details, the public can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issued by Ministry of Finance
16 February 2015