2012 Budget Statement to be delivered at 3.30 PM on Friday, 17 February 201215 Feb 2012
The FY2012 Budget Statement will be delivered by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam, on Friday 17 February 2012 at 3.30pm in Parliament.
2. The Budget Speech will be broadcast ''live'' over Channel NewsAsia, with Chinese translation on dual sound mode, over the radio on 938Live and on channelnewsasia.com. A ''live'' webcast of the Speech will also be available on the Singapore Budget website, which is supported on iPhones and iPads. Updates on the Budget Speech will be posted on the MOF Facebook page and the MOF Twitter account. To receive all Budget-related tweets, the public may use the hashtag #SGBudget. In addition, they can also visit the Gov.sg homepage or download the gov.sg app, available on Apple and Android, for updates on the go.
3. The public may also visit the Singapore Budget website and subscribe to the Budget Statement mailing list to receive the Budget Statement via email after it has been delivered. This free service will be available for subscription until 7.30pm on 16 February 2012.
Feedback on the Budget
4. Following the delivery of the FY2012 Budget Statement on 17 February 2012, the public can submit their views on the Budget initiatives through the feedback channels below:
• REACH Budget micro website
• REACH Singapore Twitter
• SMS to 9-SPEAK-UP (9-77325-87)
• REACH Singapore Facebook
• Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Toll-Free Hotline at 1800 3535555
5. Other engagement activities include a Facebook chat on the REACH Facebook Page on 26 February 2012 (7.30pm to 9.00pm) and the REACH roving exhibition at the Raffles Place lawn from 23 to 24 February 2012.
Issued by Ministry of Finance
15 February 2012