2010 Budget Statement To Be Delivered At 3.30pm On Mon, 22 Feb19 Feb 2010
Minister for Finance, Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam, will deliver the FY2010 Budget Statement in Parliament on Monday, 22 February 2010 at 3.30pm.
2. The Budget Speech will be broadcast ''live'' over Channel NewsAsia, with Chinese translation on dual sound mode, and over the radio by 938Live. A ''live'' webcast of the Budget Speech will also be available at the Singapore Budget website and on the REACH website (www.reach.gov.sg). In addition, the Budget Statement will be uploaded progressively on the Singapore Budget website as the speech is being delivered.
3. To receive the Budget Statement via email after it has been delivered in Parliament by the Minister for Finance, members of the public can visit the Singapore Budget website to subscribe to the Budget Statement mailing list. This free service will be available for subscription until 2pm on 22 February 2010.
Feedback on the Budget
4. The pre-Budget 2010 Feedback Exercise from 30 November 2009 to 12 February 2010 received about 400 suggestions / feedback. These ranged from suggestions on stimulating the economy and reducing business costs, to having more subsidies and less tax to cope with the high cost of living. During the exercise, extensive dialogue were conducted with members of the business community, unionists, grassroots leaders and members of the public to gather ideas and suggestions. A summary of the feedback gathered can be viewed at the Budget website as well as on the REACH micro-site Budget 2010.
5. The feedback channels (listed below) will open on 22 February 2010 for the public to submit their views on the initiatives introduced during the 2010 Budget statement.
b. Fax 6332-7435 (Attn to: Budget 2010 Feedback)
c. Phone 1800-226-0806 (toll-free)
Mondays to Fridays from 0830 - 1730 hrs
d. Mail to
Ministry of Finance
100 High Street
#10-01 The Treasury
6. The Ministry of Finance will also be working with REACH to gather feedback via various feedback channels. For more information, please refer to www.reach.gov.sg/budget2010.
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
18 FEBRUARY 2010