2.13 Million Singaporeans To Get Progress Package On 1 May02 May 2006
2.13 million Singaporeans have signed up to receive their Progress Package on 1 May 06.
2. 95% of those who signed up will have their Progress Package credited directly into their bank accounts, and the remaining 5% will receive a cheque. Those who signed up through the internet but gave incorrect bank account information will receive a cheque by the first week of May.
3. The Progress Package cheques can be deposited into any bank account. Singaporeans who do not have a bank account can exchange their cheques for cash at the bank which issued the cheque, or at any post office. They will have to pay the normal bank administrative fee of $4, but the fee will be waived for those who are 62 years or older.
4. Singaporeans who are unable to exchange their cheques for cash personally can authorise a proxy to do so on their behalf. Details are attached at Annex. The details can also be found at the Progress Package website www.progress.gov.sg.
Sign Up By 31 Dec 06
5. Singaporeans who have not signed up for the Progress Package can still do so through any DBS/POSB/UOB/OCBC ATM by 31 May 06 or the website www.progress.gov.sg by 31 Dec 06. Alternatively, they can collect a form at any post office, Community Centre/Community Development Council office or CPF Service Centre and submit it to the CPF Board by 31 Dec 06.
6. For more information on the Progress Package, the public can visit the Progress Package website at www.progress.gov.sg or call the CPF Board at 1800-2222-888.
MINISTRY OF FINANCE