Launch of MOF’s Budget Quiz 2019
How much do you know about the Singapore Budget?
1. In FY 2018, which sector saw the highest government expenditure – economic, social, security, or infrastructure? Which source is currently the biggest contributor of government revenue?
2. These are some of the questions presented in MOF’s Budget Quiz 2019. Now into its ninth year, the Quiz will be launched on Monday, 21 January 2019 at 9am on the Budget website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg). MOF invites all Singaporeans and Permanent Residents to participate in the Budget Quiz.
3. Besides the Open Category for the public, there is an inter-school challenge. Secondary Schools, Junior Colleges/Centralised Institutes, and Institutes of Technical Education/Polytechnics with the highest number of participating students will be awarded trophies. Students who complete and register for the Quiz stand a chance to win prizes as well.
4. The Budget Quiz will run for three weeks, from 21 January to 8 February 2019, ahead of this year’s Budget Statement, to be delivered on Monday 18 February 2019 by the Minister for Finance, Mr Heng Swee Keat.
5. Through the Budget Quiz, MOF seeks to increase public awareness and understanding of the annual budget process and of key national policies, and expose participants to the intricacies of policy-making in a simplified manner.
Subscribe to the Budget Statement
6. In addition to the Budget Quiz, interested members of public may visit the Singapore Budget website and subscribe to the Budget Statement mailing list to receive the full Budget Statement after it has been delivered, along with other Budget-related materials.
7. Interested members of public can also receive the Budget announcements on mobile devices through WhatsApp and Telegram by:
a. Sending a WhatsApp message to 85307112 with your full name and the word “subscribe”. Save 85307112 in your phone’s contact list as “MOF”.
b. Joining MOF’s Telegram channel: https://t.me/MOFSpore or search @MOFSpore via the app.
8. The subscription services will be available from Monday, 21 January 2019, 9am.
Ministry of Finance
20 January 2019