1. Minister for Finance Mr Heng Swee Keat will be visiting Suzhou and Beijing in China for a series of meetings and engagements from 22 to 26 November 2017.
2. Minister Heng will be in Suzhou to co-chair the 11th Singapore-Jiangsu Cooperation Council (SJCC) meeting with Jiangsu Governor Wu Zhenglong on 23 November, co-organised by International Enterprise (IE) Singapore. The meeting will review cooperation initiatives in the past year, and discuss new collaboration areas in the coming year. Over 65 Singapore business representatives from over 35 Singapore companies will be part of the SJCC meeting with Minister Heng. He will also launch the NUS Enterprise’s BLOCK71 Suzhou, a hub for start-ups located in Suzhou Industrial Park. This will be the first BLOCK71 development in China.
3. After Suzhou, Minister Heng will be travelling to Beijing to attend the IE Singapore-CapitaLand Tech & Innovation Summit on 24 November, where he will launch the Global Innovation Alliance (Beijing). The Summit seeks to provide a platform for startups’ technology to achieve practical application in real-life scenarios.
4. While in Beijing, Minister Heng will visit Tsinghua University (清华大学) and deliver an address outlining his thoughts and views about Singapore’s relations with China. He will be calling on senior Chinese officials, and will also visit mobile transportation platform Didi Chuxing (滴滴出行).
5. Minister Heng will be accompanied by Senior Minister of State for Trade and Industry & National Development Dr Koh Poh Koon as well as officials from the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Trade and Industry, and IE Singapore.
Issued by Ministry of Finance
22 November 2017