Minister for Finance, Mr Heng Swee Keat, will deliver Singapore’s FY2017 Budget Statement in Parliament on Monday, 20 February 2017.
2. There will be live television and radio coverage of the Budget Statement. A live webcast of the delivery of the Budget Statement will be available as well on MOF’s Singapore Budget website. The Budget Statement will be uploaded on the Singapore Budget website after the speech has been delivered.
3. The public can follow the MOF Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MOFsg) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/MOFsg) to get the latest updates on the Budget announcements.
4. Those who wish to receive the Budget Statement via email after it has been delivered can visit the Singapore Budget website to subscribe to the Budget Statement mailing list. This free service will be available for subscription from 19 January 2017 till 19 February 2017.
Views and Suggestions on Budget 2017
5. We encourage members of the public to continue sending in their views and suggestions on issues relevant to Budget 2017. The ongoing feedback exercise will close on Friday, 13 January 2017.
6. Members of the public can submit their feedback through the following channels:
· Singapore Budget Website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg)
· REACH Discussion Forum (www.reach.gov.sg/participate/discussion-forum)
· REACH Budget microsite (www.reach.gov.sg/budget2017)
· REACH Singapore Facebook (www.facebook.com/REACHSingapore)
· REACH Singapore Twitter @REACH_Singapore
Use the hashtag, #SGBudget2017
· REACH Email Address (email@example.com)
· REACH Toll-Free Hotline 1800-353-5555 (Mon to Fri, 8:30am – 5:45pm)
· SMS 9-SPEAK-UP (9-77325-87)
7. A Pre-Budget Facebook Q&A session will be held on Wednesday, 4 January 2017 from 8.00pm to 9.30pm, and members of the public are welcome to join the ‘live’ Q&A session on REACH’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/REACHSingapore). The Q&A will be chaired by Mr Liang Eng Hwa, Chairman of the Government Parliamentary Committee (GPC) for Finance and Trade & Industry as well as REACH Supervisory Panel member, and Ms Foo Mee Har, a member of the GPC.
8. Meanwhile, REACH will stage the last Pre-Budget Listening Point on Sunday, 8 January 2017 from 7.30am – 11.30am. It will be held at Hougang Hawker Centre, Blk 681, Hougang Ave 8.